Founded in 1826, the Adelphi Distillery is one of Scotland’s most acclaimed independent bottlers of single casks of rare malt whisky.
The Adelphi Distillery was built in 1826 on the banks of the River Clyde in what is now the heart of Glasgow. The two acre site had been an orchard, fronted by a wharf, and by the 1880's, when Archibald Walker bought the company, it was one of the most advanced and productive distilleries in Scotland.
In 1993, the great-grandson of Archibald Walker, Jamie, revived the Adelphi name as an independent bottler. Jamie was determined not to sacrifice quality for volume, and he was equally adamant that this should be continued when he sold the company in 2004.
Under new ownership, Adelphi continues to bottle straight from the finest casks without colouring or chill filtration.