Carsebridge sat in the town of Alloa, by the River Forth, as it spills out into the Firth of Forth. This is about 20 miles west-by-northwest of Edinburgh, on the east coast of Scotland.
Carsebridge distillery was founded in 1799, by John Bald & Co. Interestingly, it spent its first half century as a single malt distillery. But they switched to grain distillation due to the rising popularity of blends, and a surge in demand for relatively neutral grain spirits.
Sadly, the facility was mothballed before its 84th birthday in 1983. Nothing was maintained, and the facility was abandoned. In 1992, the place was stripped for scrap and the buildings were demolished.