- World Whisky
- Special Collections
- We Buy Casks
The seven original distilleries of Dufftown were known as the Seven Stills and the Glendullan distillery was among their number. Glendullan was founded in 1897, by William Williams and Sons. Five years later the whisky was to become the favourite tipple of Edward VII. Today, single malt Scotch whisky from Glendullan is released in part for export. Diageo include it as one of their three Singletons, the other two being Glen Ord and Dufftown. Whilst Singletons Dufftown and Ord were released for the Asian and European markets respectively, the Singleton of Glendullan is destined for the US.
In 1926, the distillery was acquired by Distillers Company Limited who subsequently transferred it to Scottish Malt Distillers, now a part of Diageo. Of Diageo’s twenty-seven whisky distilleries, Glendullan is one of the largest in terms of annual production, with a capacity of some 3.36 million litres. In 1962, renovations were carried out and a decade later a second distillery building was built, boasting six stills. Both worked together for some years, vatting their whiskies. This ended in 1985 when the first distillery was closed down. Today, there are a few official releases as well as a handful of independent bottlings.