- World Whisky
- Special Collections
- We Buy Casks
Lochindaal Distillery was located in Port Charlotte, in the village of Islay.
Colin Campbell founded the distillery in 1829, and managed it for only 2 years. Over the next few years, the distillery changed several hands. In 1921, Benmore Distillers bought the distillery, and then it moved under the ownership of Distillers Company Limited, leading to the closure of the distillery.
It is rumoured that the distillery had 3 stills and contained a circular mash tun, an underback, and two heating coppers. Warehouses could hold up to 5,000 casks. The malt used was 100% Islay malt.