Craigellachie distillery was built in 1891 in Banffshire at the very heart of Speyside, between Rothes and Dufftown. Here the distillery is in close proximity to the blissful confluence of rivers Spey and Fiddich. From the whisky distillery, perched high on the rock of Craigellachie, one can gaze over the village and namesake, and the quaint John Telford-designed bridge, which crosses over the river Spey.
Co-founded by Alexander Edward of Aultmore fame, and Peter Mackie of the blending company "White Horse", the buildings were designed by the reputable Speyside architect, Charles Doig.
John Dewar & Sons Ltd. have owned the distillery since Bacardi Martini acquired the company in 1998. Along with independent bottlings and the 2004 official house bottling of Craigellachie 14, a brand new range of Craigellachie single malts have been produced as part of the "Last Great Malts" range, with age statements of 13, 17, 19 & 23 years old.